Audition Notices are also posted on the Colorado Theatre Guild website under the Auditions header. If you would like to receive Audition Notices via email, please sign up on our Mailing List and check Audition Notices.
The Sound of Music (running June 5 – Sept 19, 2020)
Due to the recent world health events and our anticipation of a large number of people attending our kids auditions for “The Sound of Music” this coming Monday 3/16, we will be switching to a video submission format. Info of the video submission is as follows:
- Submit videos to email@example.com only. If you do not send to that email address the submission will not be seen.
- Please download the MP3s and music posted below. The “Rehearsal” track is with a metronome for the children to practice with and the “Performance” track is what you should use to record your submission.
- All submissions must be in by 2:00pm on Monday 3/16. Please include the following information: Full Name, Age, Height, Contact Info
Important Information about the rehearsal schedule and run:
- There will be two separate casts of children (with the exception of Leisl who has been precast). Performances run Wednesday through Sunday with two shows on Sunday. Each cast will have 3 performances a week. Each cast performs one of the Sunday performances. There will be a schedule sent out of the exact dates of which performance each cast is on after casting is finished.
- Rehearsals will begin Tuesday, May 5, 2020 after school and then another rehearsal on Saturday, May 9 during the day. Those are the only rehearsal days the first week.
- Rehearsal for Tuesday, May 12-Saturday, May 29 will be Tuesday through Saturday. Call times for those dates are TBD.
- Tech week is the week of June 1 and will be Tuesday through Friday with both day and night rehearsal. Call times are 12:00pm-12:00am with a two hour dinner break from 5:00-7:00pm
- During the run each cast will have ample time off. As previously stated, each cast will only be performing 3 shows a week. Additionally, there will be one week that will be scheduled for each cast to be off for vacation. Due to the large number of kids in the show we will not be able to accommodate conflicts.
After all video submissions have been seen by the production staff, we will schedule a callback for the children we select to see. We thank you and your children for your interest in our production and their passion for live theatre and if not called back encourage them to audition in the future. This is a paid, non-equity gig.
We are currently taking applications for restaurant staff, including bussers and kitchen staff. Please bring your resumé in person to BDT Stage, 5501 Arapahoe Avenue in Boulder, CO, Tuesdays through Saturdays 10am-3pm.